August 2016 Branch Meeting...
The upcoming branch meeting will be held on August 9, 2016 at the Alabama Department of Transportation in Conference Rooms 5 & 6. We will serve lunch at 11:30 a.m., then the meeting will begin at 12:00 p.m. and adjourn at approximately 1:00 p.m. We are excited to have Mr. Brian Felder and Ms. Jennifer Christman from Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) to join us this month and to discuss “Polypropylene Pipe for Sanitary and Storm Sewer Applications.”
This month’s lunch will be from Chappy’s Deli and will include a sandwich, chips, cookies and tea. Lunch will be provided by ADS Pipe, so please contact Greg Boleyn at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, August 8, 2016, if you would like to eat.
Mr. Brian Felder has a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Auburn University, and he has been a professional engineer for over the 15 years. He has worked in the public market prior to coming to work with ADS Pipe in 2006. Brian is a former Montgomery Branch President from 2008-2009.
Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) has developed state-of-the-art products and services that help solve storm water management and sanitary sewer challenges, while setting industry-wide standards for quality, durability and performance. Since 1967, ADS has been a great choice for corrugated high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe for contractors throughout the United States and produced single-wall pipe for agricultural, residential, highway culverts and recreational applications.
We look forward to seeing you there.
2016-2017 Branch Secretary-Treasurer and Vice President Nominations...
The Montgomery Branch Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for the appointment of the 2016-2017 Branch Secretary-Treasurer and Vice President Positions. Mr. Jeremy Day has submitted his resignation due to a change of employment. His resignation as the Branch Vice President, will become effective September 30th, 2016. We want to thank Jeremy for all he has done for the Montgomery Branch.
The Nominating Committee will present their slate of officers for election at the branch meeting on September 13, 2016. Nominations may be made from the floor and all subscribing members shall be eligible to vote. All nominees should have the following qualifications:
- Member or Associate Member of ASCE (National) and the Montgomery Branch
- Ability to attend monthly Branch meetings, officers’ meetings, annual Branch events, and Alabama Section meetings
Duties for the positions include the following:
- Assist in procurement and coordination of speakers or external activities
- Correspond with branch membership about upcoming events
- Organize ASCE participation in Engineers' Week Banquet.
- Sign and distribute Professional Development Hour certificates to membership
- Prepare treasurer's report for approval
- Track Branch funds and pay bills
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Prepare year-end fiscal report for President to review
- Take board meeting minutes and prepare them for approval